The Caldwell School District Board of Trustees directs the Superintendent/Designee to establish a Classified Sick Leave Bank (CSLB) to help alleviate hardship caused by employees’ absence from work necessitated by the occurrence of catastrophic or life-threatening illnesses or accidents and mental illnesses requiring hospitalization. The CSLB shall not cover short-term disabilities or injuries.
Eligibility and Enrollment:
To be eligible to join CSLB, a classified employee must:
- Have been employed continuously with the District for at least one (1) year and have accrued the required number of sick leave days for donation.
- Have donated two (2) days of their accumulated sick leave.
Eligible classified employees may enroll in the CSLB during the open enrollment period designated by the District.
Enrollment shall remain active during the time an individual is continuously employed by the District and there shall be no need to re-join during that time.
Contributed Sick Leave Days:
- Sick leave days contributed to the CSLB shall be deducted from the individual’s sick leave entitlement.
- Previously contributed sick leave days are not refundable or transferable.
- Classified employees shall not contribute sick leave days to a sick leave bank for which they are ineligible. (i.e. Certified Sick Leave Bank)
- Classified Sick Leave Bank Committee: shall be composed of three (3) classified employees and one (1) administrative employee.
- Family Member: includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, son/daughter-in-law, brother/sister-in-law, father/mother-in-law, grandparents, and grandchildren.
Classified Sick Bank Provisions