If you hold a 5-year certificate and your certificate expires in August 2023, you may go to this link starting January 2023 to renew your certificate. There is an online option for renewal with an additional small credit card processing fee. With the online option, you will need to send a copy of your transcripts (does not need to be official) to [email protected]
after you submit your application. I recommend referencing your online application in the email.
Renewal guidance from the State Department of Education:
- Credits taken for recertification must be educationally related to the individualized professional learning plan (IPLP) or related to the professional practice of the applicant:
- Credits must be specifically tied to content areas and/or an area of any other endorsement; or
- Credits must be specific to pedagogical best practices or for administrative/teacher leadership; or
- Credits must be tied to a specific area of need designated by the district administration
- Credits must be taken during the validity period of the certificate. The validity period is listed in parenthesis next to the certificate(s) listed on the credential
- Idaho district/charter school/private school in-service hours may be applied toward up to three (3) credits:
- Fifteen (15) contact hours are equivalent to one (1) semester credit hour
- Idaho Approved In-service form must be completed by the proper official at an Idaho district/charter school/private school for the in-service to count toward certificate renewal
- Idaho district/charter school/private school may approve Continuing Education Units (CEU) using the Idaho Approved In-service form
- Unofficial or official transcripts
- Please include transcripts with your packet in order to expedite your application
- Unofficial transcripts may be used for renewal only
- Three (3) quarter credit hours are equal to two (2) semester credit hours
Idaho Comprehensive Literacy Course/Assessment
The Idaho Comprehensive Literacy Course (ICLC) is offered through university providers at a variety of venues throughout Idaho. The Idaho Comprehensive Literacy requirement can be fulfilled by completing and passing an in-person or online course, or by successful completion of the Idaho Comprehensive Literacy Assessment. Please visit the English Language Arts/Literacy page for additional information on course providers.
Mathematical Thinking for Instruction/Teaching Mathematical Thinking
The Mathematical Thinking for Instruction (MTI)/Teaching Mathematical Thinking (TMT) is a three-credit course that gives Idaho teachers and administrators the best practices and teaching strategies they need to help all students succeed in math. Please visit the Mathematics page.