Substitute Teachers are an integral part of the educational process in Caldwell School District. It is critical that students have an effective teacher every day. When the regular teacher is absent, guest teachers play a significant role in maintaining a stable classroom. Substitute teaching can be a rewarding job, and often assists aspiring teachers in gaining the experience needed to lead their own classroom. It also provides a flexible job where you determine the days you will work.
Substitute Teacher Pay Rates:
- $100 per full day - Regular rate
- $110 per full day - Rate with teaching certificate (any state; does not need to be current) or STEDI SubDiploma*
- $120 per full day - Rate for long-term assignment (i.e. subbing for a teacher on medical leave, etc.). Must have teaching certificate or STEDI SubDiploma* to qualify for long-term rate.
Fingerprinting and Background Checks - All applicants are required to have a background check and pay a reimbursable fee for fingerprinting, $28.25 - please bring cash or a money order payable to the Caldwell School District.
*STEDI SubDiploma Course - All applicants are required to pay a reimbursable registration fee, $29.99 (see below) - you will pay this online upon registering. Upon completion, you will need to submit a copy of your SubDiploma.
ALL reimbursements will be paid in the first pay cycle after you have completed 10 working days, within a pay cycle (and passed the SubDiploma course, if applicable).
Frontline for Current CSD Substitutes
– Shop for open substitute positions.
NOW AVAILABLE - SubDiploma!
SubSkills Basic Training Course through Stedi.org. Must pass with 85% to earn SubDiploma. Substitutes with SubDiploma will earn $95 per day.
2. Choose the SubSkills option of your choice, and Add to Cart.
3. Proceed to Checkout.
Please contact [email protected] with any questions or issues regarding the course or registration.