About our Superintendent
Dr. N. Shalene French joined the Caldwell School District in the 2016-17 school year. She is committed to ensuring equity and access to high quality education for all our students.
Prior to joining the district, she was Director of Human Resources in the Bonneville School District near Idaho Falls. She also served as a middle school principal and math teacher.
French earned her bachelor's of science degree in elementary education and her master's of education degree in educational administration from Idaho State University. She completed her doctorate of education from Northwest Nazarene University.
Each month during the school year, she updates parents and the community about our schools in her weekly newsletter.
“Our purpose is to...”
Empower the whole child to achieve personal goals and strengthen our communities.
"Where we want to be in the future ... "
Caldwell School District is a safe and supportive learning environment where all students graduate ready to pursue their personal, post high school goals as self-motivated, productive members of their community.
“We believe in....”
- Making student centered decisions.
- Acting with integrity.
- Honoring the diversities within our district.
- Building family and community partnerships.
- Empowering our students to take responsibility for their learning.
- Creating a caring, supportive learning environment where all students can grow academically, emotionally, and socially.
- Our students will develop critical thinking skills.
- Our students will be literate.
- Our students will value themselves, others, and their community. Our students will learn the value of social interactions and build positive relationships.
- Our students will learn in and contribute to safe and supportive schools.
- We will respect the voices of students, families, and community in the educational process.