The Caldwell School District (CSD) uses an electronic information delivery system (EIDS) to send flyers home to parents/guardians and to all its employees. CSD currently uses Peachjar for this.
Peachjar is free for school district its schools and its official school and support groups such as PTA, Boosters, sports teams, etc.
Outside nonprofit groups pay a nominal fee for this service. No paper flyers are distributed in our schools.
- Benefits of electronic flyers
- How it works for parents
- Flyer instructions for nonprofit organizations
- Community free flyer policy
Benefits of Electronic Flyers
- Eliminate the cost and burden of copying, sorting and delivering paper flyers to schools
- Eflyers go directly to parents so they won't get lost in the bottom of a backpack
- Highlight your activity or event in full color
- Send multiple pages, multiple languages at no extra cost
- Parents can click to visit your website and sign-up immediately
- Parents can share eflyers on social media to encourage sign-ups
How it Works for Parents
Peachjar emails flyers directly to parents and posts them online. Parents will receive a welcome email from us that includes a username and password. This is provided to give you the opportunity to manage your account and flyer delivery preferences.
Flyer Instructions for Nonprofit Organizations
Getting started with Peachjar is as easy as...
- Register an account at Peachjar.com as an "Enrichment Provider"
- Click "My Account" and then "Post a Flyer" on the left hand side
- Select the schools you wish to post to and proceed to checkout
Once your flyer is approved by the school district, it is automatically released for distribution every Friday. Please keep this in mind if you have an event on the weekend and want to give a week's notice. Upload your flyers at least two weeks ahead of your event.
Community Free Flyer Policy
Peachjar's Community Free (Free Flyer Posting Program) was created to allow local community organizations to distribute their digital flyers to nearby schools at no cost when promoting a free event or activity that does not encourage participants to join a fee-based program, or include the opportunity to purchase products, services, or food and beverages.
To ensure flyers are relevant to all parents and to decrease approval requests received by districts, Peachjar limits organizations using Community Free flyer distribution to one posting every 30 days for up to 25 schools.
Local community organizations can continue to promote various free programs by consolidating their flyers into a single, multi-page flyer. Also, organizations such as cities can have multiple Community Free accounts that are department-specific, and create Community Free accounts for their local branches (e.g. libraries).
Organizations interested in requesting a Community Free account must contact Peachjar directly by phone, “Contact Us” web request, or via online chat. Upon receipt of the request, Peachjar will ask the organization to provide the following information that is used to evaluate its qualification for a Community Free account:
- To which school district(s) do you wish to distribute your flyer?
- What is the exact number of schools to which you wish to distribute your flyer?
- Are all events you distribute flyers about free, or do some encourage payment of future fees, have paid services, or include vendor participation? (Some organizations may need both a standard paid account and a Community Free account to meet their needs.)
- What is the email address associated to your Peachjar account?
- Please provide a copy of your flyer for review.
- Requests for exceptions to this policy will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Peachjar reserves the exclusive right to make all determinations regarding the acceptance of each Community Free flyer posting request, and the authorization of each organization requesting a Community Free account.
For additional information about our Community Free program, please contact Peachjar at 877-402-1786 or email email@example.com.
- Support the basic educational mission of the district, directly benefit the students, or be of intrinsic value to the students or their parents/guardians.
- Be in PDF format.
- Contain font sizes not less than size 12.
- Contain the name and contact information of the sponsoring entity.
- Include both English and Spanish. Flyers can have multiple pages in one PDF document. Please provide an accurate translation-- be advised that Google Translate is not sufficient.
A flyer will not be approved if the information:
- Is submitted from a For Profit organization
- Is lewd, obscene, libelous, or slanderous.
- Incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules, or disrupt the orderly operation of the schools.
- Promote any particular political interest, candidate, party, or ballot measure, unless the candidates or advocates from all sides are provided the opportunity to present their views to the students during school hours or during events scheduled pursuant to the Civic Center Act.
- Proselytize or position the district on any side of a controversial issue.
- Discriminate against, attack or denigrate any group on account of gender, race, age, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability or other unlawful consideration.
- Promote the use or sale of materials or services that are illegal or inconsistent with school objectives, including, but not limited to, materials or advertisements for tobacco, intoxicants, and movies or products unsuitable for children
- Solicit funds or services for an organization, with the exception of solicitations authorized in Board policy.