BOARD REPORT August 12, 2019
Below is a summary of the Caldwell School District Board of Trustees Aug. 12, 2019 meeting intended to provide information about board decisions in a timely manner. It is not the official record. The minutes, which are the official record of the meeting, are finalized the following month after approval by the Board.
The Board approved its agenda.
The Board approved the following items on its consent agenda.
Proposed Fee for Non-Academic Activities for Non-Public and/or Charter School Students - The Board approved new fees for non-school district (home schooled, private or charter school) students to participate in extracurricular activities. The fees were published in the newspaper and a hearing held in July.
November 2019 Candidate Filing Guidelines -- Three positions on the Board of Trustees are up for election Zones 2, 3, and 4. Individuals interested in seeking election to a position must live in the zone, be a qualified elector, and file by Sept. 6 a Declaration of Candidacy and Petition of Candidacy with the Canyon County Clerk.
Idaho School Boards Association Resolution Recommendations - The Board reviewed and approved minor changes to two resolutions it submitted to the ISBA.
Aug. 13 Caldwell School District Opening Meeting - Governor Little will speak.
Maintenance Report - Maintenance Director Bernie Carreira reviewed the progress of summer work projects made possible thanks to the district’s plant facilities levy.
Proposed -- The following policies are currently out for review with our committee and/or specific departments as needed:
- 1315 District Planning - Replacing 100/101/102
- 2360 Interscholastic Activities – Replacing 571
- 2550 Travel and Field Trips - Revisiting policy and forms
- 2550F2 Parent Permission for Student Participation in Off Campus School Sponsored Events
- 3015/Exhibits Home School – Replacing 502
- 3050 Attendance - Revisiting Section 1.5
- 3080 Nonresident Student Attendance - New
- 3100 Programs for At-Risk/Disadvantaged Students – Replacing 676
- 3225 Student Clubs: Equal Access - CHS is reviewing and will propose changes
- 3320 Substance and Alcohol Abuse – Replacing 551
- 3380 Extracurricular and Co-Curricular Participation – Replacing 571/572
- 3390 Extra and Co- Curricular Chemical Use – Replacing 571/572
- 3400 Extra-Curricular Activities Drug-Testing Program – Replacing 571/572
- 3520/Exhibits Contagious and Infectious Diseases - Replacing 401/560/562/563
- 3550 Removal of Student During School Hours - Replacing 437
- 3550P Removal of Student During School Day Procedure
- 4210 Community Use of School Facilities - Replacing 901
- 5220/Forms Assignments, Reassignments, Transfers - Replacing 441/459
- 5220P Assignment and Transfer of Certificated Employees Procedure
- 5330/Exhibits Employee Electronic Mail and On-Line Services Usage - Replacing 426/490
- 8100 Transportation - Replacing 710
- 8110 Safety Busing - Replacing 710
- 8120 Bus Routes, Stops, and Non-Transportation Zones - Replacing 710
- 8130 Transportation of Students with Disabilities - New
- 8160 Contracting for Transportation Services – New
- 9910 Indoor Environmental Quality - NEW
First Reading -- The Board had no policies for first reading.
Second and Final Reading -- The Board approved the following policies:
- 1300 Caldwell School District Policy
- 3285 Relationship Abuse and Sexual Assault Prevention and Response – Replacing 554
- 3305 Prohibition of Tobacco-Nicotine Possession and Use – Replacing 512
- 3310 Gang and Gang Activity – Replacing 549
- 4530 Crowdfunding
- Caldwell School District Opening Meeting - August 13, 2019, CHS Auditorium
- Caldwell Night Rodeo Lions Night - August 14, 2019
- Caldwell Night Rodeo Buckaroo Breakfast - August 16, 2019
- First Day of School - August 19, 2019